Monday 2 May 2016

What can thoughts do?  The 'I will die, I am lonely, I feel sorrow, I feel fear, I should not be afraid, I should not be greedy, I should be admired', I, I, I'..

What can thoughts do to us really? Even the 'I will die, I have to die. I will end', which is hard to bear for thought. What if there is no reaction of escape and just passive observation of all thought together with all that is perceivable?

Can thoughts do anything if we do not react and only passively observe them in silence? The content is not important, what is important is to learn about the structure of thought, the way it operates, not this or that particular non-functional thought but the characteristics of all non-functional thought. Its limits, its contradictions, its pettiness, its mistakes, illusions and lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment