Friday 7 April 2017

I agree most of it is functional.

But life nowadays may not be so simple..

1) What if functional thinking (e.g. a yet unfinished computer program) recurs and recurs (even as a dream in sleep!) when the programmer left his office hours ago? Is it still functional? 

Where is the limit? 8 hours? When and how do we set it?

2) Can nonfunctional happen easier when functional is present? Is non-functional thinking much easier to 'slip in between', get interwoven functional occupation? 'Where the hell is a mistake in this piece of code? The deadline is on Friday and I still can't solve the problem' (fear) I'm a useless piece of crap When will they find out?

3) Is: 'Damn, I have to ask the boss if I can get a breather cause I'm dying for a smoke' functional?

4) Is my wife angry at me? Why does she say she is not angry when she's behaving angry? What did I do? - Functional or not functional?

5) 'If I don't finish the program by Friday the tickets to Egypt will be wasted and Eve will be very angry and sad.. I have to take the debugger from Mark when he returns to the office and install it on the laptop at home. I need the source code of Mark's object and the installation key from the secretary. But she went to lunch, I have to make sure I catch her before she goes home..'

You see, the simpler the life, the calmer probably, eh? Do not avoid the void. Do not go for cheap entertainment, C will swallow you like a black hole. Do not go for self-deception, do not keep re-inventing illusions. Please, stay in the beginning, in the end of time. A space of no violence, no effort and no perturbation.

No comments:

Post a Comment